Welcome to The Caroline Church of Brookhaven
The Reverend Canon Richard D. Visconti, D. Min., Rector
Caroline Church of Brookhaven was organized in 1723 as Christ Church and by 1729 the building was erected. The edifice has been used for worship by the Setauket congregation continuously since then. Caroline Church is rich in history, including a Revolutionary War skirmish in 1777. We are on the National Register of Historic Places. For a summary of our history and photographs, click on the "History" above.
Today Caroline Church has hundreds of active parishioners who worship the Lord in an atmosphere of love and respect for one another. The Episcopal Church is a branch of Christ's one, holy catholic and apostolic church. It embodies the best of the catholic tradition while at the same time draws on the benefits of a more democratic form of church government. Please visit our page often, to provide you with information on the many activities and organizations at Caroline. Our doors are open to all and new members are welcomed. Some of our activities include a full Church School, Youth Groups, Guild of the Christ Child, Bible Prayer Fellowship, Brotherhood of St. Andrew, choirs, Caroline Guild, Episcopal Church Women, Foyer Groups,Theophilus Healing Mission--Order of St. Luke.